My Blog List

Thursday 29 March 2012

if i stay here i will forget what i need to remember.
i will not be another tag, another number, another male/female, circle the right answer. i will not be reduced to what you already are, you are your click-clock, lip gloss, 5 layers of makeup, humorless clowns, the scariest ones.
these are the mountains, this is the sky i have for scenery.
every day i worry with all this education i'm going to forget what i need to remember.
rhythms and notes run in my nutrient-depleted veins, but Intro to Music leaves me speechless when all we do is memorize dates and hollow words, quizzes in music trivia.

the deaf have hearing aids and i have two hands. and writing is when fingers speak for the tongue that won't. yet in Creative Writing all they do is talk, the ones who use their tongues like fingers, and i seat paralyzed, depleted. i don't play with the non-disabled.

1 comment:

  1. "every day I worry with all this education i'm going to forget what I need to remember." I often think to myself, how can I possibly absorb and retain all of this mundane information. We have learned so much over the years, things we don't and do want to know about. Sometimes I worry that I'm focusing too much on little things that really don't matter like how to do functions in math or what the symbol for carbon is in science. I like how you touch upon these topics that we all probably think about but don't give enough time to really sit with.

    ReplyDelete